What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure, awe-inspiring monster pop hippie music. The Polyphonic Spree, Light & Day.

Original low-fi YouTube version...

And something completely different, but not really...

oh_shit.jpg

watched The Graduate last night on TCM. now, I've seen that movie probably 15 times. maybe more. and I always forget this song is in it.

[This video is unavailable.]

boy, Art Garfunkel has a pretty mouth. uh, voice.

and it's depressing to realize that Mrs. Robinson is 5 years younger than me now.

Hooch, Mrs Robinson looks pretty good
What until you get to be 5 years off Ruth.

I used to really like Cat Stevens. The day I heard that he supported a fatwah against Salman Rushdie for The Satanic Verses, I took his records, smashed them into small pieces and set fire to the covers. My only regret is that I didn't defecate on them first. How do you wake up one day and decide "I'm gonna become a brainwashed fucking religious zealot turd today?"

To clarify a previous like - wasn't the song posted but the Harold and Maude = Ponder and Black Swan pic. These "likes" can sometimes be a tricky affair.

How do you wake up one day and decide "I'm gonna become a brainwashed fucking religious zealot turd today?"

I used to like Cat Stevens as well.

It seems to me that people turn to religion out of desperation,
when they become afraid of dying,
or if you run out of drugs...;)

Wait a minute, lets not be too hasty. A fatwah on the author and social commentator Salman Rushdie. Is that a bad thing..really? Ok it seems it is. Maybe there's a middle ground where we can in the spirit of solidarity, burn both Cat's and Salman's works together, in peace.

No. Censorship is bad enough, but not just wishing death on someone, but outright calling for it, is despicable. And all in the name of some lame-ass group circle-jerk that is organized religion. I don't give a crap about Rushdie as a writer; I care about common decency, sense and rational thought. Apparently that's too much to hope for.

Art and artists, huh? When the artist says something or does something that you can't abide, do you really have to despise the work that you've previously loved? I don't know. I suppose it depends on at what level the 'something' rates on your own personal scale of evil.

I still like some of Cat's songs, the same ones I liked back then.
For me, it is the hairstyle that did it! ;) I'm so shallow.
Cat-Stevens.jpg
catstevens.jpg
]

watched The Graduate last night on TCM.
Not to derail this thread, but a member of this very forum had a small part in the movie "The Graduate". Name that person and I'll send you something cool.... Email me at [email protected] with your guess. I'll let you all know who it is if someone here gets it... And it is not a crowd scene or something. This person is very clearly seen.

Bill

Rare shit from Lebanon.

Rare shit from Israel.
[This video is unavailable.]

I make fun of the whole Woodstock vibe but perhaps their idealism was right on no matter how brief.

Never heard of these two bands. I find they add nothing to the "sixties" sound.
My one eurocent.

You have to be really good or really unique to make that retro rockabilly/country/Sun Records thing worth listening to, and I have to say that poor Miss Izzy Cox is neither. I wanted to like the clumsy playing, weak singing, clunky lyrics and clueless American-Idol-tryout ego ("this is one of my classics"), because really, I like the underdog and the weirdo, but I don't know, man. It all rings false and forced.

But I will spearhead a drive to collect enough money to buy her a god damned guitar tuner. It's the least I can do.

You know, being in tune doesn't even matter, but there has to be something behind it. This is so - nothing - that it offends me. Maybe that's why I can't stop typing, even though it's very early and I should still be sleeping.

'Like, vocal singing.'?

At least she owns her own label, right?

Yes, very shrewd of her to own her own label. That way the man can't steal her millions in royalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back