What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - Mark IV (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little earworm, thanks to a piano accordion player who was busking outside the supermarket today

The accordionist also played a stunning version of Barber's 'Adagio for strings'.

Recently heard this in an episode of Hell on Wheels.
It fit in nicely.

Seeing this band for the first time in like 3 weeks because I had to give up my tickets when I had the opportunity to see them last year I'm beyond excited

Funny, I just heard a story yesterday about the first Beatles single, Please Please Me being released in America on Vee-Jay records 50 years ago yesterday. You know those were wild times when only 10 years separated that record and Raw Power. Even more weird: the first Stooges album was released a month before the Beatles Abbey Road.

What hell hath the moptops wrought?

Personally, the Stooges are my favourite band. The c.d. that I'm playing most right now 'though is the Jake Bugg one. I've just bought it, I think it came out last October, and it was number one here in the UK..Young lad..I'm not one myself but I know some and the youth are not defeated yet. I think most of them know our (mis)leaders are cunts. And that is hope.

We were watching the grannies and Carol asked, "What did you think of Jack White?" I said, "It was rock and roll so it has no place at the grammys." The grammys are a celebration of mediocrity and the lowest common denominator, and nothing good ever came of it. What a load of shit.

There is no award for rock and roll, and there shouldn't be. Rock and roll isn't for or about awards. It's for outcasts and freaks, and you can't give awards to freaks because it makes normal people uncomfortable.

Don't get me started on the "tribute" to Bob Marley with Bruno Mars and Sting (and Damien and Ziggy as an afterthought).

Bob pisses on you all. Sincerely.

Thank you, good night!

I agree, everything was horrific but to me Jack White was the only thing worth listening to.
The catatonic slur of Frank Ocean was beyond description. I had never heard him before. What was that?

I think he was singing about Forrest Gump. Seriously. It was truly agonizing. Good thing we watched a recording so we could skip past such wonderful moments.

Incidentally, I had consumed one or twelve cocktails when I typed the above post, but I think I would have typed the same thing today.

Been diggin Shirley Scott's "On A Clear Day" http://www.allmusic.com/album/on-a-clear-day-mw0000526980. Yesterday i had one of those great album days. 10 lp's for 12 bucks and great finds that included Shirley, the first two by Spirit, The Rascals bizarre double lp "Peaceful World", Aretha Franklin "Spirit In The Dark", the best of Little Anthony and the Imperials, Johnny Cash's "Bitter Tears" that had "the Best of the Sun Years" lp inside instead, a crappy (but so bad it's amusing) 1978 B.B. King lp, Brian Ferry's "Let's Stick Together" and 2 i'm drawing a blank on. All in all, a day a vinyl junkie like me craves every now and again.

Iggy Pop Agora Ballroom (Cleveland, OH) MAR 21, 1977

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/iggy-pop/concerts/agora-ballroom-march-21-1977.html

20050653-3015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back