What are you listening to? The world really needs to know. Volume 8 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine, Pili aka Phillipe Grassal, once acted as Jacques Brel in a sort of musical theatre play.
A (very short) glimpse into his version of "Ne me quitte pas" is in the trailer-video at 0:53.
I can’t seem to be able to play it ?

I can’t seem to be able to play it
Strange. It's simply on youtube, set to public, no copyright-infringements known.

Do others here have the same problem?

pili-grand-jacques-youtube_b.jpg

Sorry, Roni! For some reason, now it works! Good voice. Love that song. Brel is one of my favorite with Léo Ferré. Geniuses!

I painted Madame George YEARS ago when I was in my twenties and had it in a hallway leading to my apartment in Vancouver. It stayed there for 3 years and then disappeared. Always loved Van.

Reactions: mjp
great voice up there above! Favourite Prince's so far.

there are cameras everywhere, we've been found.
all things are fu.... up
Let's keep on dancing!

Last edited:
PhillyDave: Sun Ra's Arkestra is slated to perform at the World Cafe Live (or is that some sort of listing?) in Philly on Saturday, July 25 (rescheduled from an April date). Not sure that it will happen, but please consider attending on my behalf because I think your mind will be blown by a bunch of really fantastic musicians (including the now leader, Marshall Allen, who is more or less an original member dating back to 1958). Knowing what you love about music, it's not necessarily your thing, but you'll surely be entertained.

https://www.worldcafelive.com/

I am currently obsessed with Bob Marley. I'm going crazy over 'Exodus'. I keep singing or humming his songs even during my zoom meetings. (Thankfully half of the time I am on mute :D )
I feel I should take a break from him. I might go crazy :(

I am currently obsessed with Bob Marley. I'm going crazy over 'Exodus'. I keep singing or humming his songs even during my zoom meetings. (Thankfully half of the time I am on mute :D )
I feel I should take a break from him. I might go crazy :(
That's not a bad way to go crazy.

PhillyDave: Sun Ra's Arkestra is slated to perform at the World Cafe Live (or is that some sort of listing?) in Philly on Saturday, July 25 (rescheduled from an April date). Not sure that it will happen, but please consider attending on my behalf because I think your mind will be blown by a bunch of really fantastic musicians (including the now leader, Marshall Allen, who is more or less an original member dating back to 1958). Knowing what you love about music, it's not necessarily your thing, but you'll surely be entertained.

https://www.worldcafelive.com/
Oh yeah, that would be killer. I've never actually seen 'em but they've played here often. They live here I believe. Mr Ra lived in Germantown from 1970 until he died in 93. Gtown Radio is in Germantown, near where he lived, 7 mins from me. It would be pretty cool to finally catch up with them. Hopefully the show will still go on.

i saw them - with sun ra - in toronto in the 80's. wish i could see it now cause i don't think i was
able to appreciate it back then.

don't remember much of it. could've been all the weed consumed.

Yeah, I'm sure I could get my doctor friend to go too. Not only is he an amazing drummer he's also a jazz cat who grew up on Sonic Youth & The Police

I've been listening to the Doors again after many many years. Morrison knew Steve Richmond and I'm curious if Jim ever read Bukowski, but I haven't seen any mention of it.

I'm not a big fan of them, but some songs, like "Not to Touch the Earth", really hit it home. A couple weeks ago I heard "People Are Strange" for the first time and really liked it. I'm planning on listening to that full album, but knowing The Doors, I'm skeptic it won't be as good as that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back