What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am listening to Daniel Johnston's True Love Will Find You In The End, off of 1990. It is currently one of my favourite songs by an absolutely beautiful person and phenomenal songwriter.

df2b1363ada0e11b9c6ac010.L._AA240_.jpg

The new Rob Zombie album Hellbilly Deluxe 2! But now I'm afraid to go to sleep!
rz.jpg

Favorite song after 2 listens ...

I am listening to Daniel Johnston's True Love Will Find You In The End, off of 1990. It is currently one of my favourite songs by an absolutely beautiful person and phenomenal songwriter.

Check out the documentary, The Devil and Daniel Johnston, if you've not done so already. Like the outsider stuff - The Residents, Wesley Willis, Baby Gramps, The Shaggs and such. Baby Gramps appears briefly in one of my favorite docs, Streetwise.

I've ordered The Devil and Daniel Johnston on dvd! It looks great.

Love the Residents and Wesley Willis and Baby Gramps, not heard the Shaggs.

Ever listened to Jandek? Phenomenal. One of the most passionate musicians around.

Oh my, one of the best ever: Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures.

cover 110.jpg

And a bonus pic of the fireplace mantle in my living room, well at least for another 3 1/2 weeks. But the picture is coming with me!

joy.jpg

nervas - this and Closer are two of my favorite albums. Very dark and tragically sincere. In college these albums were ripped off quicker than I could say beer-bong. College is a bigger den of thieves than any ghetto. Some CEO bastard to this day probably still has my J.D. records. Fucker.

Ha, that's why I try not to let friends near my record collection. Well now since I can't sleep as usual, and you guys kept talking about Daniel Johnston, I have pulled this off the shelf and that's what I'm listening to now. Though maybe I should have pulled out Hi, How are you? because I really feel like hearing Big Monkey Business, oh well this will do for now.

dj.jpg

Mildred and the Mice - I Like My Mice (Dead) 7" Single

It will rip your speakers apart, I promise!

mice.jpg

Forgive me, man. Let us remember the good old days:

"But I guess I'm just homophobic, you know, that's my problem." Lovely Axl!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have listened to that 5000 times. You have to love a double LP with 7 songs on it.

Indeed. I wore that LP out back in about 1978, after having it for about 4 years. The CD fits onto one disc, but given the constraints of vinyl, the original was more of a "three-sider" that got stretched to two full LPs.

The CD I posted is remastered with three additional tracks from encores (Black Night, Speed King and Lucille), so now it's 2 CDs with only about 22 minutes of material on the second one.

Still blows the back wall out of any structure it's played in though.

Yes, those 7 songs on double LP would beat Zeppelin's Song Remains The Same which originally had 9 songs on double LP. I mean beats in having less songs.
Oh and currently listening to the black keys rubber factory on vinyl.

bkeys.jpg

An old friend of mine, Jizzy Pearl, who idolizes Buk probably as much as I do, if not more. Maybe you can see that from the Buk inspired cover of his first solo album. He also sang in one of them glam rock bands from Los Angeles in the early 90's called Love/Hate.

kingjizzo.jpg

Some nice relaxing music at 1am, hoping it will put me to sleep, or help me pack, or not...

bflag.jpg

The Beatles - Rubber Soul in stereo on the 300 disc changer(hey it's like my very own jukebox) I bought at out of the closet vintage store on Sunset blvd. Sounds pretty good, I must say.

The Beatles-Rubber Soul.jpg

Just returned from a Flogging Molly concert and was really impressed with one of the opening acts, Frank Turner. He's been around a bit but I'd never seen him live. Would gladly do so again.

Not bad, it seems like an odd choice to be opening for Floggin Molly, but I have seen many an odd opening act, when compared to the headliner. Kinda reminds me of , the second half of the Raconteurs, who usually plays all the instruments on his solo records.

On vinyl, one of the funniest records I've ever heard, though it was not intended to be funny! I will admit every time I hear it, my appreciation and adoration of Dee Dee Ramone grows! This is his venture into rapping! Even funnier, once when asked why it failed, Dee Dee was explaining that he really couldn't rap and responded to the interviewer with, "i'm not a negro."

dd.jpg

Têtes Noires

1983 Têtes Noires EP

tetes-noir-003.jpg

Because Carol said something about "France" in relation to her underpants, and it reminded me of a song on here.

They were punk rock because they had hairy armpits.

TetesNoires.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back