What are you listening to? The world really needs to know - III (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pm-42973-large.jpg
Yeah, it's the Whiner's 50th birthday. This bit of Warhol artwork is in the local university library.

who makes videos anymore? some people, I guess. I got a kick out of this one. sort of a cross between Jamiroquai's Virtual Insanity, the Replacements' Bastards of Young and Saw (or some other slasher film. pick one. go ahead, pick one. I'll wait. I'm patient and have a good book and almost a full bottle of wine. take your time, I'm not going anywhere).

Can CGI be punk rock? Kids these days...

I've just discovered a Norwegian traditional musician named Ragnhild Furebotten. (by "just" I mean: at the very moment!)

I know, this traditional-stuff-claim doesn't sound sexy and I even don't know, what good she has done in entire.
But right now, I'm listening to a song named 'HJERTEBANK' over and over. (To me this song has the quality of the end-credits of a melancholic movie.)

I'll have a look for her in the near future and let you know.

I can't talk to that fucker. I won't go to any family get together if he's going to be there. I've asked him a hundred times to find his own shtick, but he's incorrigible. I had to start shaving just to differentiate myself.

Don't tell him though, or he'll start shaving, then I'll have to dye my hair pink or something.

Funny you mention Three Dog Night. I was just mentioning to someone yesterday (your today) how much I disliked Three Dog Night. They were the sound track to a horrible time in my life.

not my favourite Cash song, but I really like his performance of it here. bashful swagger.

[This video is unavailable.]

The mighty Joan Jett singing Hollywood from the second Runaways album. That's rock and roll singing, lads. The whole track is harsh and bumpy with a creamy nougat chorus harmony. 34 years later it still makes me smile. Listen to it really loud.

Funny, when they Runaways popped up like a zit in 1976 I just assumed that all the girls my age were learning how to play instruments just like me and all my friends and they would be in our bands, have their own bands, and just generally be part of rawk. That didn't exactly happen, did it.

Note: You are not allowed to mock or criticize this unless you had already recorded your second album when you were 17 or 18 years old (rather than holed up in your parents basement sucking on a bong with your dick in your hand, like you were).

Note: You are not allowed to mock or criticize this unless you had already recorded your second album when you were 17 or 18 years old (rather than holed up in your parents basement sucking on a bong with your dick in your hand, like you were).

No mocking, no criticizing. Yessir, nosir. Somewhere in my brain I think I wrote a review for the Waiting For the Night lp. But three seconds of looking only got me a handful of old punk flyers and letters from music editors for those years. Used to have four of their albums. Might still have the first gatefold one. They were supposed to play the Royal Hotel in New Westminster back around 1977. I drove to the club only to find out they had canceled.

Jammed out last summer when Joan played the PNE. Her Mom had died the night before but she did a show anyway. I didn't go. Dumb me.

I should have remembered to pull the blinds back in those Fort Langley days. Man, embarrassing!

[This video is unavailable.]

Big at UBC mixers in 1975:

Well, the Stripes broke up a few days ago. I knew all those other projects would possibly lead to screwing up the works. Sad news.

When I listen to the White Stripes I always think of Dead Moon. Can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back