What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.jpg

I go out in an Irish Pub to hear a Irish Folk Band , but the singer was ill .
So they grab out a DJ , whereever . He plays Cd`s from Irish Pop Bands , what a shit.
Now I'm drunk from the Irish Stout and listen to the Pogues . Think Shane McGowan was drunk too as he recorded the album, haha !"Ooooon the suuunny side of the street"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made a song. The bottom layer is Camille Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 (Organ), the top layer is James Cromwell singing If I Had Words (which was derived from the symphony). It's quite beautiful sounding.

In this last one, you can see how much he values the enuncitation of the words.

I think the best version of "Visions of Johanna" is the one on "Bootleg Series Vol. 4, Bob Dylan Live 1966 - The 'Royal Albert Hall' Concert" (which is not from the Royal Albert Hall, of course). I'm not sure if it's the same version you find on "Biograph". I have'nt compared them.

Last edited by a moderator:
jack.jpg

The Dead Weather...

I took this photo with my iphone, bringing back that old debate on how insane it is to be snapping photos or taking video during a gig. But come on, it's Jack White I couldn't resist.

ok, the Bach is lovely, but it has me staring loningly at the shotgun and sleeping pills.

so switching to this:

B0003753%5B1%5D.jpg

Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows from The Beatles Love. If anyone has the right to fuck with the Beatles Catalog, it's one Sir George Martin. And he did a fine job.

Nothing new or original here except good soul/R&B songwriting that delivers like Curtis, Marvin, and Smokey used to.
He's white, he's 29, but he's from DETROIT !

Mayer Hawthorne, anyone ?

Eiffel's new album, again and again, so as to learn the lyrics and be ready for the november gigs.

album200-18305.jpg

Emmylou Harris looks damn fine with the silver hair. Voice as good too.

Me; I may have posted this before, but so far on, here it is:

Donovan's re-recorded version of Catch the Wind. It says mellow version, but the second half sure ain't.

Oh, and the video portion is lame. Not me, nor mine.

Well, she is beautiful and real.
The show was excellent. Accompanied by The Red Dirt Boys, Buddy Miller and The McGarrigle Sisters.

220px-Emmylouharrissf2005.jpg

Chinese%20Democracy.jpg

I don't know, I like it. I listened to it for about the 10th time this year, however I finally opened up the LP version I own. I don't care what they say about ya Axl, you're still ok in my book!

Sheila E! (click on chapter 3)

Singing about JESUS. It gives me chills.

Douche chills.

I happened across this while clicking through the wasteland channels on the TV last night, but due to the miracle of the internets, you too can enjoy some sort of demonic, crypt-keeper "preacher" babbling while Sheila E rapturously hallelujahs the bloodsucking fucker.

Check out his pocket handkerchief - if that doesn't signify the fires of hell, I don't know what does.

Wow, Morris Cerullo has to be the guy that gave Billy Bob Thornton the idea for Karl's voice in the movie Slingblade. Hmm Hmm.

Sheila E! (click on chapter 3)

Singing about JESUS. It gives me chills.

Douche chills.
That was harder to look at than the nude-from-the-wait-down picture of our Flea Market operator from Rural Oregon.

Like Bob Dylan, I hope that she will someday look back and realize what a tool she was.

Ha!

Bill

The thing that fascinates me about JESUS freaks is that they can't seem to bring themselves to sing about anything but JESUS. Every song has to be about JESUS and how wonderful he is. They can't have a song about how good sunshine feels, or something funny their dog did. Not without dragging JESUS into it and giving him all the credit.

I'm certainly glad that I don't have a personal savior who is so vain and self absorbed that he needs constant praise. Or that I have such a tenuous grip on my faith that I have to keep singing the same song over and over to make sure I don't forget for a minute that it's JESUS I love.

A great new CD by Matt Smith's new band, The Darnell Woodies. He was in a couple issues of Bottle and also we put out his first and only book of poetry (the Dullard). The damn CD is so good that it has been in my car CD player for three days and I drive at least 4 hours a day... I can;t shake it...

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/8290900-the-darnell-woodies

They are called Appalachian Punk. They are also compared to the Pogues. Very strong lyrics and excellent punk bluegrass...

CD is available at CDbaby.com

Bill

I'm certainly glad that I don't have a personal savior who is so vain and self absorbed that he needs constant praise. Or that I have such a tenuous grip on my faith that I have to keep singing the same song over and over to make sure I don't forget for a minute that it's JESUS I love.
This gives me a great idea-what about we start a church where we sing songs praising Bukowski, the band can do 12 songs and we can get the suckers to donate money!

Slimedog, I always appreciate your enthusiasm forming bands. I recommend Georges Duboeuf as a sponsor for example.

Unfortunately, I lost a brother to sainthood.
He used to be a good jazz pianist. He quit listening to jazz and playing it too. His wife claims that improvisation invites demons to enter your subconscious, same with meditation.

I sure would like him back. We had a lot of fun going to the "Black Bottom" for delirious nights. He only plays in church now.

I can only drink to that and will listen to Monk today.

This gives me a great idea-what about we start a church where we sing songs praising Bukowski, the band can do 12 songs and we can get the suckers to donate money!
Bukowski was more self centered than JESUS, it'll never work. Unless you want to start a cult. Then it would be easy pickings.

Flaming Lips - Embryonic

the_flaming_lips_embryonic.jpg

don't like the cover, but love the music.

phrazes-for-the-young.jpg

Phrazes for the Young by Julian Casablancas...Lead singer of the Strokes and in one word, BRILLIANT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back