What are you listening to? The world needs to know. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponder, great selection, however that was on my xmas 2008 mix! Can't repeat a band or artist, well,

Other than all things Pixies this is a personal fave. Like her early music and it's fairly rare to find live footage of her from back then.

I told a friend of mine today, that after work, I would come home, open the JD, light a bunch of candles and listen to every album(solo album) John Frusciante has released. Yes, yes, they made fun of my Saturday nite plans, but so what, it was on a whim and I'm planning on finishing that threat. I am currently through 7 albums and I think I have 5 more to go!

John-frusciante.jpg

Gerard, that's one of the most entertaining things about seeing a Frusciante solo show...He pulls out covers all night. I've seen him about 6 times @ solo shows and heard him do The Beatles, Elton John, Bee Gees, Depechemode, Nirvana, Black Flag, Jimi Hendrix, always a great time!

Frusciante brought so much to the Peppers (and apparently lost his teeth in the meantime), it's really a shame that he left. I'm not familiar with the solo stuff, though.

Yeah, funny thing is, if you watch that clip Gerard posted, at the end you'll see John's fake teeth in their full beauty, right at the end. It was either that or death. He had such a bad infection from all the drugs that he did(namely heroin) he was very near death by the time he made it to the hospital. Taking out his teeth was just one of the things he had to go through.

And of course if you want to see John in his but at that point you'll see him so high, you'll never, EVER want to do drugs. This documentary is all on youtube, just search John Frusciante VPRO and I believe it will blow anyones mind. The guy should have died, but survived and is one of the greatest guitarists in the last 25 years, in my opinion of course.

Maria Taylor - Lady Luck LP, currently on
God, I want to marry her!

maria-taylor-769112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, her shoelaces don't match!

you should know if you're going to marry someone, their shoelaces should match. I mean, that's common knowledge, right?

right? or did I marry wrong.

wait, don't tell me. I'll find out eventually.

I'll make sure she stays away, but oh, she could smash my mailbox anytime!

One of my friends was in Mexico city for the last two weeks, she came back with gifts. I was elated to find that my gifts were a carton of Marlboro lights, and this on vinyl....(even though I already had it, shhhhhhh....don't tell her, it may dissapoint her.)

robertnestamarley.jpg

I have been watching a doc on PBS titled Young@Heart.
The fantastic chorus director is Bob Cilman, quite amazing!
You can watch for yourselves.
Among the songs performed by a choir of elderly, you can hear Jimi Hendrix' Purple Haze, Bob Dylan's Fovever Young, The Ramones' I Want To Be Sedated.

Performing Coldplay's Fix You,

I like Gram and the Flying Burrito Brothers. For a few months ago I watch a docu
in german tv . He was a friend of Keith Richards and Gram shows him many stuff of countrymusic and guitartuning . He lives with Keith in `69 and was his friend .
And the question is still : Who got the idea to the song "Wild Horses"
Both versions are great .

probably this one?

gram_parsons_fallen_angel.jpg

it's quite good.

this book is excellent, by the way:

gram.jpg

Right hooch!
Don't know the book is available here. I'm interessed of a good musicians bio. But I get the author, thanks!

Nice, nice choice Ponder. I ate across the street from where that wall/picture was taken last night. I ate at a lil' mexican place called costa alegre, on sunset blvd. Sad to say, the painting is still there on the wall, but it's totally covered in graffiti! I wanted to stop and take a picture, but only had my phone, plus the girl I was with was afraid of all the homeless dudes chilling. I remember passing by just a few months ago, maybe October? and did not remember the graffiti there, so maybe they periodically somehow clean it up. Anyway, great album.

I'm painting my son's room tonight and need some good paintin' music. Kerrang! voted it as the second best painting album of all time.

New%20York%20Dolls%201973.jpg

That picture is hilarious. And at a glance that looked like you were saying you were going to paint that album cover on the wall of your sons room. "Daddy do you wear ladies makeup and stripper shoes like those guys?" Kids are so cute when they are young and questioning their existence in this big world.

acoustic.jpg

a little Bradley Nowell, drunk with a raggedy old out of tune acoustic guitar is always perfect for listening at 3am.

theres a band in philly that makes music mostly to please themselves
two-three piece horn section
kinda like james brown on chronic
funniest lyrics ever on "meaculpa"
you can find them on you tube
Black Landlord

Much, much louder than I'm sure the people next door appreciate, but hey it's been that kind of week.

ws.jpg

been listening to this almost constantly the past few days. I get in obsessive moods now and then. ;)

johnson-robert-453-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back